PRESS NOTECOMMUNITY CCTV PROJECT TAKEN UP BY
COMMUNITY CCTV PROJECT TAKEN UP BY INFOSYS FOUNDATION AT GHATKESAR PS OF RACHAKONDA COMMITIONERATE.
• The CP Rachakonda Mahesh Bhagwat has initiated a series of measures to upgrade the quality of life in the capital of Greater Hyderabad which includes the jurisdiction of Rachakonda Police Commissionerate with an objective to transform the city into global city.
• In order to achieve the said goal, the Rachakonda Police Commissionerate has started implementation of City wide Community CCTV Surveillance System with the help of Community support as well as public/private sectors companies under CSR initiative.
• As a part of this effort, the Commissioner of Police, Rachakonda approached the Infosys seeking their helping hand in order to strengthen the women safety and prevention of crimes on NH-202 as well. The Infosys foundation came forward to take up the Community CCTV project along NH-202 and Infosys campus, Pocharam area.
• This Community CCTV project has been taken with an aim to control crime against women, subversive activities of anti-social elements, crime prevention, road safety, disaster management etc.
• Feasibility analysis has been done and decided to install 182 high end cameras, (46 Mobotix and 136 Axis cameras) from Uppal junction to Kepal on NH-202 covering a stretch of 23 KMs with a 4400 sq.feet centralized Command Control Centre at Ghatkesar PS with an estimated cost of approximately 5 crores.
• Cameras with latest technology such as 1080p resolution, 120 FPS to capture number plates upto 110 KMPH with Wide Dynamic Range of ~100dB and lenses range of 15-90 degrees, IR and H.265 compression are being installed under this project.
• State of the art network architecture with L2/L3 switches, VMS software has been designed by Infosys for the project.
• The joint team of Infosys and IT cell of Rachakonda jointly monitoring the work under the guidance of Commissioner of Police, Rachakonda.
• A new building has been built for CCC, which also accommodates SHE team office for its operations related to women security in Malkajgiri zone especially in IT corridor.
• A 4×3 big video wall with 4 work stations and mini monitors have been installed for live monitoring of the CCTVs on 24×7 basis with latest technology.
• The work of CCTVs installation is still undergoing and expected to complete with a month or two with full data connectivity.
• The CCC of Ghatkesar will be connected to Telangana State Integrated Command Control Centre cum Disaster Management Centrebeing built at Banjara Hills.
Speaking on this occasion, CP Mahesh Bhagwat states that one has to contribute his share towards society in one or other way and made an appeal to corporates to takeup installations of CCTVs as part their CSR activity. The crime rate has fallen drastically in CCTVs surveillance areas.
CP applauded the work of SHE Teams in preventing 54 child marriages till now. SHE team incharge ADCP Salima and her team members were felicitated by Mrs.Sudha Murthy and CP.
Mrs. Sudha Murthy said that there is an urgent need to look into the problem of human trafficking and Infosys is ready for its contribution towards eradication of this menace. She also congratulated Mr. Bhagwat for his outstanding performance in the field of human trafficking
Mrs.Sudha Murthy and CP Mr. Bhagwat felicitated Mr.Aman Singh, Mr.Vikas of Infosys and Malkajgiri ACP Sandeep, IT cell Inspector M.Sridhar Reddy and Ghatkesar SHO Raghuveer Reddy who did tremendous job in making the dream of having state of art command control centre into reality