Aloe vera plant has many Scientific and antibacterial properties in it. Aloe vera is a succulent plant which has a thick fleshy leafs with spine on its borders. This fleshy leaf contains aloe vera juice which has various medicinal properties and is used in cosmetic products too. It is used in many home made remedies for both skin and health treatments.
It acts as a pain inhibitor and a coagulating agent. With its daily application, it helps in reducing scars and simulates cell growth.
Aloe vera is useful in its every form. It is so beneficial that everyone grows at least one plant in their home. Aloe vera can be used as plain juice or its gel can be directly applied on the skin. Many people routinely drink aloe vera gel mixed in water in early morning to keep them healthy and fit.
Aloe vera juice is an easy way to include it in our dietary supplement. One can also use aloe vera soft gel capsules or even mix aloe vera concentration into their favourite drink. But now a day’s aloe vera juice is readily available in stores or one can drink it by freshly preparing it at home.
Aloe vera juice is capable to detoxify the human body and boosts the immunity power. As per medical and ayurvedic science it has proved to be an excellent nutritional supplement containing 70 vital ingredients including important anti-oxidants, vitamins like A, B1, B2, B6, C and E and other minerals, amino acids, potassium, magnesium, sodium, proteins, zinc, folic acid, enzymes and other necessary fibres which are required in our body. Though both aloe vera juice and gel works equally, since consuming juice is an easier way it is most preferred by the human beings.
Method of Preparing Home-made Aloe Vera Juice:
1. Cut a middle leaf from a mature aloe vera plant. Select an outer leaf as they are more mature from the rest and contains highest concentration of anti-oxidants. Wash this whole leaf carefully.
2. Break the leaf in the middle part and the liquid will come out in the form of transparent gel.
3. Take out or squeeze out the entire gel from the leaf and store it in a bowl.
4. Blend this gel along with equal quantity of water. Blend them well to get pure aloe vera juice.
5. Be sure to use this juice within 3-4 days as it loses its anti-oxidants content day by day.
Aloe Vera Juice for Health Benefits:
1. Aloe vera’s high anti-inflammatory properties help in curing the bowel problems. With daily consumption of aloe vera juice can reduce the inflammation of the body such as rheumatism or other inflammations of ears, eyes and arthritis.
2. People who get easily infected with viral diseases or suffer regularly with cold and coughs, flu, runny or stuffy nose, bronchitis and other severe respiratory problems can use aloe vera juice to treat such problems naturally.
3. Drinking aloe vera juice also solves digestive problems. It helps in reducing the symptoms of heart reflux and stabilizes the alkaline levels of the body.
4. Aloe vera’s laxative properties make it beneficial for constipation.
5. Including aloe vera’s juice regularly in our diet maintains the cholesterol levels. It reduces the triglycerides which help in maintaining the cholesterol levels and raises the good cholesterol levels.
6. Aloe vera juice stabilizes the metabolic rate and reduces the lipids levels which burn the fat in our body. So drinking aloe vera juice is also beneficial in weight loss regime.
7. Aloe vera juice has proven results in improving oral health and hygiene by providing relief for cold sores and mouth ulcers. It also reduces plague formation and prevents gingivitis.
8. Aloe vera juice is good for regulating the blood sugar levels in diabetic patients. After consulting with doctor, a diabetic patient should start consuming the aloe vera juice regularly to lower the blood sugar levels.
9. Aloe vera is also a natural process to relief persons from suffering constant sinus problems. It’s rich magnesium lactate works as anti-histamine which helps in reducing the sinus problems and other chest inflammation due to various allergies.
10. Consuming aloe vera juice regularly fulfils the amino acids deficiency in the body. Its high vitamins content boosts up the body’s immune system providing a self-defence mechanism in our body.
11. Cancer can also be treated with regular intake of aloe vera juice. This juice hinders the tumour’s growth with its high levels of anti-carcinogenic properties.
Few methods for using Aloe Vera juice for health benefits:
1. Take 2 teaspoons of fresh aloe Vera juice and mix it with one glass of water. Consuming this water regularly every early morning helps in detoxifying and cleansing our digestive system.
2. Many people use eye wash from the markets. Try this home-made natural eye wash which is more beneficial then the market brought product. Take 2 teaspoon of aloe Vera gel in a cup of water or simply take a cup of aloe vera juice, add a teaspoon of boric acid in it and mix it well. This mixer can be used in eyes to reduce the redness and calming the irritation of the eyes.
Aloe Vera Juice for Beauty Benefits:
Aloe vera gel or juice is contained in various skin care products. It is suitable for very sensitive skin but is also beneficial to the other skin types too. Using aloe vera juice is a common remedy to treat all skin problems in an herbal process.
1. Aloe Vera contains gibberellins and polysaccharides which are basically plant hormones, these hormones are very helpful in treating acne.
2. Aloe vera also acts as a natural astringent; it helps in removing the excess oil and dirt from the skin. This excess oil clogs the skin pores and makes them prone to bacterial infection.
3. It moisturises the skin removing the dead cells along with lowering fine lines and wrinkles. It is also helpful in dismissing the stretch marks.
4. Protects the skin from harmful toxins.
5. Helps with insect bites, frostbite, blisters, and allergic reactions. Aloe vera juice contains antimicrobial properties in it that kills the bacteria responsible for causing acne. It also reduces the acne marks by lightening the skin.
6. It helps in keeping the skin smooth.
7. Treats many diseases such as cold and cough, helpful in calming skin allergies, inflammation,dermatitis, burns and other wounds. Itching problems are also solved with regular consumption of aloe vera.
8.Lightens dark spots caused by dark pigmentation of the skin.
9. Drinking aloe vera juice keeps the skin soft and supple. It also rejuvenates and lightens the blemishes brightening the complexion.
10. Aloe vera juice also hydrates the skin well. So it is useful in all the weathers be it summer or winter which also prevents from dry and patchy skin.
Few methods for using Aloe Vera juice for beauty benefits:
1. Mixing ½ teaspoon of aloe vera juice in 1 tablespoon of Fuller’s Earth powder along with few drops of rose water and honey in it forms a smooth paste. By applying this smooth paste on the face and rinsing it with warm water after keeping it on for 15 minutes can help you lighten your skin complexion.
2. By blending few slices of fruits like banana, papaya, apple, orange etc along with a teaspoon of aloe vera juice in it forms a thick paste. Leave it for few minutes then apply it on your clean dry face. One can even add a teaspoon of almond oil or wheat germ oil in this thick paste for moisturising the face. After applying the paste on the face, leave it for 20 minutes and rinse it with cold water.
3. Aloe vera face packs can be used for dry and sensitive skins too. Take 2 teaspoon of aloe vera juice, a teaspoon of rose water and almond oil in a bowl.
Add freshly prepared cucumber paste in the bowl and mix the entire ingredient well to form a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the face and keep it for 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water and pat dry.
4. Some aloe vera face masks also acts as an excellent scrub. It allows the skin to hydrate and smoothens the oily skin by removing the dead cells, oil and excess sebum from the skin surface. In a bowl mix 2 teaspoon of oatmeal and mix it with cucumber paste. To this paste add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera juice and mix them well to form a smooth paste. Use this paste to scrub the face gently in a circular motion. After scrubing it for few mintues, allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it with warm water.
5. Pre-mature ageing is another common problem faced by many women now a days. Green tea and aloe vera are rich in antioxidants which helps in fighting the free radicals on the skin. It also benefits the skin by reducing various signs of ageing like removing fine lines and wrinkles, patchiness etc. Mash a avocado and cucumber paste in a bowl, add a teaspoon of aloe vera juice and green tea strained water. Mix them well to form a paste and apply it on the skin. Allow it to stay on fgor 20 minutes then rinse it with warm water.
6. For moistorising dry and sensitive skin, people can use aloe vera along with shea butter which is an excellent source of hydrating and mositurising the skin.
These ingredients are comenly used in lip balms and other facial creams. One can try this home made remedy for moisturising the face. Take one teaspoon of aloe vera juice in a bowl and add one teaspoon of olive oil and shea butter. Mash all the ingredients for getting a smooth paste. Apply this freshly prepared paste as an face mask and keep for 20 minutes. Wash it away with cool water and pat it dry.
Aloe Vera Juice for Hair:
Due to excessive exposure of hairs to dust, pollution and sun makes them extremely brittle, dry and damaged. Pollution takes away all the natural oils and moisturizer from the hairs causing dandruff and split-ends. Aloe Vera is useful for treating such hair problems as they are suitable in all types of hairs. It especially cures the dry and damaged hair with its regular use in hair packs making the hair tresses softer, smooth and damaged free.
1. Aloe vera is rich in proteolitic enzymes which removes the dead skin which is responsible in clogging the pores of the scalp. Even the accumulation of excessive sebum on the scalp leads to other hair problems such as partial baldness. These problems can be solved by drinking aloe vera juice which removes the sebum making the scalp clean and promotes hair growth.
2. Aloe vera’s alkaline properties help in maintaining the pH level of the scalp and hair. Aloe vera juice helps in keeping the hair moisturised and leads to further hair healthy hair growth. 3. It is widely used for curing dandruff. It was used in ancient times too for curing many hair problems along with dandruff. Due to the presence of its enzymaticand anti fungal property, it breaks down the skin cell which helps in reducing the dandruff formation on the scalp. It also cures and heals other scalp diseases like Psoriasis and Seborrhoea.
Few methods for using Aloe Vera juice for hair benefits:
1. Aloe vera can be used for conditioning the hairs by adding 2 teaspoons of fresh aloe vera juice into your favourite conditioner and stir it well. Use it after shampoo and wash it normally with water. By applying this conditioning pack in the hairs, aloe vera enhances the moisturising property of the conditioner and also hydrates the hair by giving it a smooth and soft texture.
2. Aloe vera can be used for cleansing the scalp by making a pack with its juice. For this pack, take 2 teaspoon of gram flour (besan) in a bowl then add curd and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera thick juice/gel. Mix them well to get a smooth hair pack and apply it directly on the hairs. Keep it on for 30 minutes and then wash it with a mild shampoo. It helps in cleansing the scalp from dandruff and other infections.
3. Aloe vera juice can be used to make dry and brittle hairs soft by applying this home-made remedy. Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and coconut oil in 3 teaspoon of aloe vera juice. Mix them well first then massage onto the scalp and keep it for 20 minutes. Wash off the hairs with a shampoo.
4. Aloe vera can be used with other ingredients too. Like this hibiscus pack which helps in nourshising the hairs and gives a shiny texture. Blend handful of hibiscus leaves with some aloe vera juice to make a thick paste. Even hibiscus flowers can be used for better results. Apply this smooth green paste on the roots and hair strands allowing it to rest for 30 minutes. Wash the hairs with a shampoo, if required you can shampoo twice to thrice to remove this pack from the hairs.